how to configure movies menu into categories (even using sub menu)
(2019-06-13, 23:00)whysoserious Wrote: "I have been trying to do it as a sub menu so that in the "MOVIES" tab if you select it, it would go to a view of all my movies, but in the sub menu you would see "KIDS MOVIES" "DISNEY" etc.  and when you click on them it would go to the list of movies"

If you create smart playlists from your various movie folders (as explained in https://kodi.wiki/view/Custom_home_items/Aeon_Nox_Silvo ) you can link those playlists to sub menus that you create under the "MOVIES" main menu item. You can even have playlist-specific fanarts for each playlist sub menu item.

I made separate main menu items for my smart playlists, but experimented with sub menu items as well and it worked as I described above.
Examples of Main Menu Item sub-menus that point to smartplaylists that are genre-specific:

Movie Main Menu Item focus:

Sub-Menu Item focus (Sci Fi Movies Smartplaylist):
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)

Messages In This Thread
RE: how to configure movies menu into categories (even using sub menu) - by whysoserious - 2019-06-15, 20:36
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to configure movies menu into categories (even using sub menu)0