Disc Number id3 tag being ignored. Is there a workaround?
I have quite a large music library, about 1.5Tb, consisting of mainly high quality mp3 files.

All are tagged correctly, and include the discnumber x of y tag. So disc 1 of 3, 2 of 3 and 3 of 3 of a 3cd set are tagged 1/3, 2/3, and 3/3.

All of my music players including iTunes interpret the tags correctly. Kodi, however does not. When I click on an album it displays 3 x track 1s followed by 3 x track 2s and so on. The new Bob Dylan box has 14 x 1, 14 x 2 which is even worse!

The tags in the files are correct and also checked with mp3tag.

My question is how can I get Kodi to list the tracks correctly in disc order? Is there a workaround or kludge that won't involve splitting sets into individual disc folders, which is impractical. I've followed the best practice for tagging my files, so how do I get kodi to play nice?

For reference, my file name conventions are as follows:

Single artist single disc: Artist/Album/track(nn) - title
Single artist multi disc: Artist/Album/disc number(n)- track(nn) - title
Multi artist single disc: Compilations/Album/track(nn) - artist - title
Multi artist multi disc: Compilations/Album/discnumber(n)-track(nn) - artist - title

There must be a way to give Kodi a tweak so it displays music files correctly. I can see people have requested this in t he past but I've trawled the forum and haven't found the answer.

Keep up the good work!

Messages In This Thread
Disc Number id3 tag being ignored. Is there a workaround? - by Wondermouse - 2019-06-15, 00:23
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disc Number id3 tag being ignored. Is there a workaround?0