Tvheadend Command hello failed: No response received - needs a re-install on every bo
Environment:

Raspberry Pi 3b running LibreElec 9.0.2 & Kodi 18.2.
Addons: HTS Tvheadend Server 4.2.7~LibreELEC Tvh-addon v9.0.118,
TVheadend Client 4.4.18.1.
No login credenitals are defined for TVheadend to connect to the server. It uses the default.

Symptoms:

1. System works fine for a week or so; I shut the system down each night via the system TV menu.
Then one day the TV viewer & PVR fail to connect with PVR - showing 0% progress.
This can be fixed by re-installing TV headend Server, but next reboot it will be broken again.
Once this starts it has to be done every boot.

2. Usually selecting a TV recording to play for the first time after a boot, causes a long delay & the "waiting" animation on screen.
Sometimes it will eventually play. Other times I can press BACK then try again and it will play.
Yet other times it will never recover and although it responds to some actions with a system "I head you" noise, and volume can be changed, for example, a reboot will be needed to regain enough control to use the system.
A few of these forced reboots will render the system unbootable and a re-install will be needed.
Diagnostics:

Looking at the Kodi logs always shows five sets of this pair of messages, which look highly relevant to the first problem:
ERROR: AddOnLog: Tvheadend HTSP Client:: pvr.hts - Command hello failed: No response received
ERROR: AddOnLog: Tvheadend HTSP Client:: pvr.hts - failed to send hello

So I set up logon credentials - no change. I un-ticked digest authentication with no change.

Here's a recent system log: https://paste.kodi.tv/suxaqunahu

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Chris

Messages In This Thread
Tvheadend Command hello failed: No response received - needs a re-install on every bo - by ChrisKlondike - 2019-07-05, 13:39
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tvheadend Command hello failed: No response received - needs a re-install on every bo0