10.14.6 issue with 18.3 and reverting refresh rate after watching video
(2019-09-09, 13:28)loungeroommac Wrote:
(2019-08-19, 20:27)neurosis13 Wrote: did a clean install help?
i have the same issue
nope,

What I do now is suss what the source frame rate is, alt-tab back to the Finder and change the refresh rate to match., then alt-tab back to Kodi and resume to watch.

This way, when the file ends, Kodi does not kill the WindowServer process, but just takes me back to where I started as per normal.  If I still try to quit Kodi from here though, Kodi still causes WindowServer to crash and kills all my network mounts too. Ouch… 

To get around this, I don't quit Kodi via Cmd-Q, but rather alt-tab back the Finder once more, and then I have an AppleScript sitting next to Kodi in my Dock called KillKodi.app. It's basically a shell script to kill the Kodi process so not to bring down WindowServer when Kodi tries to switch res back to what it was before launching. 

Such a PITA.  Am about to try 18.4, but didn't see anything in the release notes vaguely similar and so am not expecting much.

Still, I like Kodi and the above is more complex to read than actually do. 

the only thing that works is to switch off "adjust display refresh rate" in the settings but this can only be a temporary solution.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 10.14.6 issue with 18.3 and reverting refresh rate after watching video - by neurosis13 - 2019-09-09, 17:55
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
10.14.6 issue with 18.3 and reverting refresh rate after watching video0