Solved Quicktime Audio issues on Recorded Programmes OSX
Hi All

I am recording TV programmes successfully on Kodi 18.3 Leia via my iMac and the VBox PVR add-on but am having issues with their playback.  I have posted a separate thread on this and am getting support.

While waiting to solve the issue I tried opening the recorded files in Quicktime and found that HD channel recordings were not working properly as there was no audio.  Non HD channels were fine.  Both are listed as .mpg files.

Using the Movie Inspector window in Quicktime, I can see that the HD channels are encoded using H.264.  The non HD channels use MPEG Layer 2.

When I convert the HD files using Handbrake from .mpg to .mp4, Handbrake adds an AAC audio track alongside the H.264 (video?) output.

So is the H.264 encoding for HD and the MPEG Layer 2 for non HD channels determined by the TV transmission or is this something that Kodi controls?

In either case, is it possible to tell Kodi to record HD channels (or all channels) in H.264 but with AAC audio?  Or is there a simpler solution?  Is there anything I can add to the advanced settings.xml file to make this work properly?

Thanks,

Geoff

Messages In This Thread
Quicktime Audio issues on Recorded Programmes OSX - by GeoffatMM - 2019-07-28, 16:49
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Quicktime Audio issues on Recorded Programmes OSX0