Nvidia shield vs Minix Neo u9-h
(2019-08-07, 11:50)noggin Wrote:
(2019-08-07, 09:35)sidsilver2 Wrote:
(2019-08-06, 15:06)noggin Wrote: 👆THIS 👆 

I'd also go as far as to add a Rule 4.

Rule #4 - Consider whether you are best with two separate media player solutions - one for your DRM-ed streaming platforms (Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, HBO, Viaplay, C More etc. etc.) and a separate one for local media playback, Live TV/PVR etc. in Kodi.    
This is what I have done.
To save money I will keep my Minix U1 for Kodi, and use an Amazon fire stick for prime movies and tv shows (glad I kept the stick)
They both work perfectly on the same network.    

Yes - my only comment is that I wouldn't recommend the Amazon Fire TV sticks for Netflix, as that, last time I checked, the Netflix app doesn't support refresh rate switching, so all Netflix content (most of which is either 23.976 or 25fps) is output at 60fps with judder.  The same is true of the BBC iPlayer app (which is a very popular service in the UK)  

Amazon Prime Video IS output correctly with refresh rate switching - so 23.976 and 25fps Amazon content is output at the correct refresh rate.  If you only want the Fire TV for Amazon Prime Video - you're good to go. 

Don't have Netflix so its not a problem, watched a film last night on Prime for the first time on the fire stick and was in full HD, what a difference from the Minix.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nvidia shield vs Minix Neo u9-h - by sidsilver2 - 2019-08-07, 13:08
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia shield vs Minix Neo u9-h0