Req A better way to minimize black bars at the top & bottom of screen when watching movie
You know that option to minimize black bars, user can choose up to 20% scale.
The bad thins is that (of course) scale is vertical, so the image does get distorted.
For users that prefer NO black bars (like me) the 20% option results in a visible distortion of shapes (especially noticeable in actors faces shape) AND does not get rig of black bars completly.
What i have to do when i watch such a movie, is keep minimize to 10 up to 15% and then MANUALLY add some ZOOM to the whole picture, sacrificing a little bit of the frame edges BUT gaining a reasonable vertical stretch that does not bother that much AND no black bars at all.

My suggestion and request would be to add a tick box below the minimize bars option, that will also add zoom alongside with vertical stretch, when the format of the movie will cause black bars.
The idea is to add an EQUAL amount of zoom that user chooses.
The item added in the settings menu could look like this:
"Also add zoom to minimize black bars [ ] "

In practice, if selection box it ticked, when user sets a number ie 13%, then 13% of vertical scale will be applied and also 13% zoom

PS:  Many thanks for all your GOOD work guys Smile

Messages In This Thread
A better way to minimize black bars at the top & bottom of screen when watching movie - by rykios - 2019-08-11, 19:47
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A better way to minimize black bars at the top & bottom of screen when watching movie0