Req Argh... recovering from disk out of space
For some silly reasons, the disk on my Linux machine ran out of space.

After I cleared that problem, I found that Kodi no longer boots.

Some investigation revealed that /home/kodi/.kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml and /home/kodi/.kodi/userdata/profiles.xml both got clobbered. Zero length.

I set Kodi to create a new .kodi directory, and copied over the new versions. But now I need to reset all my settings.

There were also a jillion log files in /home/kodi that were generated because the profiles.xml file got clobbered. There were too many to delete via "rm *.log" (too many arguments), so I had to figure out a shell command for that.

Also, my web remote control stopped working, since the web interface defaults to "false".

I am wondering how this mess happened, and my only guess is that Kodi tried to rewrite these XML files when no disc space was available, and they both ended up clobbered.

To be precise, I didn't change these setttings files, but nevertheless Kodi tried to re-write them.

Feature request...

Would it be possible to have Kodi check that disc space is actually available, before re-writing these files?

If that were done, Kodi would be (IMHO) more robust, and it would be a lot easier to recover from this sort of problem.

Edit: I'm using the latest latest build of Kodi.

Messages In This Thread
Argh... recovering from disk out of space - by mrob - 2019-08-14, 04:14
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Argh... recovering from disk out of space0