Req embed sources in top level menu
Hi - I think this is a feature request, but if there's actually a way to do this (perhaps a skin I haven't tried) that would be cool. I'm currently using the default Estuary skin.

I would like to be able to add top level menu items which are a direct link to sources.

Background is this. I'm migrating from Windows 7 + Media Center + Media browser (Windows 7 support ends this year and Windows 10 doesn't include Media Center).  EWith my current system everything works fine, my meta data is mostly created by meta browser (support already ceased). Media center + media browser is super friendly in that, in the absence of full meta data it shows the folder.xxx as a thumbnail (if present, a generic folder icon if not), displays folder/file contents when you enter a folder, and if it's something that can be played (video file, ripped dvd folder contents, iso etc) then it plays it when selected. So you can either get serious about your metadata, or be relaxed about it and still have a good experience. I've looked at the alternatives and Kodi seems to come closest to being a replacement but...

I've got my movies displaying properly in Kodi after a lot of cleansing, but I've given up on ever getting my TV library to appear properly in Kodi. I've spent tens of hours trying to fix the meta data (tiny media manager etc) but either using local data, or scraping the network sources I get at  most about 30% of the material to display - and  tbh, I really don't care that much about the meta data - the folder/file title and a thumbnail is good enough for me - life is too short to spend hours on this). So the nearest thing to my current approach is the video view where I select video, then the TV content source and tada, there are the thumbnails etc.  (although I wish Kodi played video_ts contents automatically)

But it would be much slicker if I could put the "TV stuff" sources folder (and others perhaps) directly in the top menu and jump into my TV content in one click, same as for Movies.

Messages In This Thread
embed sources in top level menu - by wuss - 2019-09-05, 10:57
RE: embed sources in top level menu - by wuss - 2019-09-05, 12:21
RE: embed sources in top level menu - by wuss - 2019-09-05, 16:42
RE: embed sources in top level menu - by wuss - 2019-09-06, 11:27
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
embed sources in top level menu0