Android 2019 - Amazon Fire TV Cube - AMLogic S922Z
(2020-04-06, 07:10)lorkadiscovery Wrote:
(2020-04-06, 04:44)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2020-04-05, 21:12)lorkadiscovery Wrote: Ok setting delay at 5 seconds and all the Dolby stuff seems to now play perfectly!

It plays as 3.1 with AC3 and EAC3 set to ON, would it be better to leave it at that or to set it at 2.0 and turn transcoding on?

As for DTS I assume thats just not supported via ARC at all? 

You need to list your TV brand and model.
If it’s Panasonic I seriously doubt it can passthru DTS audio thru the TV and out again via ARC:

https://www.rtings.com/tv/tests/inputs/5...assthrough

@fritsch I thought Optical did not have enough bandwidth to do EAC3/DD+ ? 
Its the Panasonic TX-58GX800B and then the Panasonic SC-HTB700 soundbar.

I see. I believe all Panasonic TV's are the same - they cannot do anything DTS audio related, you end up with PCM audio.
Panny TV's definitely do not do DTS audio passthru.

I have a 2019 Panasonic GZ1000U OLED.

Quote:Its quite a strange situation to be in as for some reason Panasonic are supporting Dolby Vision on the TV sets but not on the soundbars (Until the 2020 soundbars)

Yep I realised that and went with a Yamaha Soundbar that does 4K@60Hz DolbyVision video passthru.
Does not do HDR10+ video passthru though - very few audio receivers do that.

Quote:So i am left having to make a choice, either get HDR10+ and Dolby Vision but use ARC. Or as was the case with my Shield, plug into the soundbar, get all the audio formats but have no Dolby Vision/HDR10+ passthrough.

I suppose getting more image formats makes more sense as it is just a soundbar and not a full surround sound ATMOS system.

Yep pick which one is more important, audio or video.

With HDMI ARC - you should be able to get 5.1 DD+/Atmos audio from the Netflix App on the TV or DD+ from Apps that support Dolby Audio output on the Shield - with such audio passing thru the TV.

W.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2019 - Amazon Fire TV Cube - AMLogic S922Z - by wrxtasy - 2020-04-06, 12:08
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2019 - Amazon Fire TV Cube - AMLogic S922Z0