Android 2019 - Amazon Fire TV Cube - AMLogic S922Z
(2020-06-28, 19:30)WaynesterUK Wrote:
(2020-06-28, 18:58)noggin Wrote:
(2020-06-28, 16:11)WaynesterUK Wrote: Forgot to ask..

I know the fire cube comes with the USB to Ethernet adaptor, but do I need a better one when streaming 4K movies? I have 72mbps broadband MAX

what adaptor is an improvement on the one included (if any?)

If you are playing local content that you own and store on a local NAS or similar, then some content may well require a higher bitrate than the 100Mbs Ethernet adaptor supports (UHD Blu-ray rips for instance) - these are not carried over your broadband.  

If you are streaming Netflix, Amazon Prime, iPlayer etc. then that will work fine with 100Mbs connectivity as they are typically less than 30Mbs (well within the 72Mbs of your broadband and the real-world throughput you would expect using a 100Mbs Ethernet connection)

Okay 👍🏻

So, as I’m only streaming Amazon Prime Netflix and Kodi to watch movies, the adaptor and Ethernet to USB adaptor that comes with it will be okay?

how about Ethernet cable?
I have a BT home hun the newest model
Should I get a new Ethernet cable?
It’s about 5 years old, so was thinking a CAT6 or 7 one about 2 metres long would be perfect, but if not needed I won’t buy one 😊

What do you plan on using Kodi for? If it’s not pretty large files, you should be ok with wifi only. An Ethernet adapter is only recommended if you have a library of 4k movies sitting in your home somewhere you will be streaming..

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2019 - Amazon Fire TV Cube - AMLogic S922Z - by ozkhan1 - 2020-06-28, 23:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2019 - Amazon Fire TV Cube - AMLogic S922Z0