Android 2019 - Amazon Fire TV Cube - AMLogic S922Z
(2020-07-17, 08:14)tredman Wrote:
(2020-07-17, 06:46)fritsch Wrote: I think I have written that somewhere in fat: if your primary use case is 1080i live TV then android is the wrong platform of choice, no matter how the box is called.

Just watch the 720p channels only. Alternatively: transcode on tvh side.

This will also not change. Deinterlacing on this platform is done as a bonus in the Blackbox Mediacodec surface without any influence by us.

Turn off entire Mediacodec (both) and hope it's fast enough for sw decode with deinterlace half. If it's your lucky day, it might work better with just surface disabled.

I’ve been using 1080i on Android (shields primarily) for years and in general it works great - thanks very much!

In this case disabling ‘auto adjust display rate’ fixed it, I wonder does the Kodi implementation clash with the Fire TV OS implementation? Or perhaps a bigger delay before start.

Yes, Shield works okayish (at the moment, sometimes they shortly break it between major updates), from quality POV not comparable to e.g. vaapi with mcdi - therefore in general it's the opposite and that's what I was saying - Android's primary use-case is not interlaced material. Does anyone sell content being deliverd in interlaced anymore, besides DVB-S?. Also there is not "the FireOS implementation", cause e.g. Firetv 4K Stick until today just crashes hard for 1080i - firmware issue. Also for the mediacodec implementation it's nothing fire os is doing, all provided by the vendor in their firmware blob.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2019 - Amazon Fire TV Cube - AMLogic S922Z - by fritsch - 2020-07-17, 22:26
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2019 - Amazon Fire TV Cube - AMLogic S922Z0