5.1 surround output via optical output
(2019-10-16, 23:51)ninjagull99 Wrote:
(2019-10-15, 14:35)tigersky Wrote:
(2019-10-15, 12:54)ninjagull99 Wrote: Dear Tigersky

Many thanks for that information.  I will order a GT1 box today and let you know who I get on.  Thank you to everyone how has posted to this thread and the excellent support. 
DEAR ninja,   beelink products are good but costly when compared to others. please let me know your exact requirements . I'll guide you. why don't you think about DIY  coreelec or libreelec to run kodi and enjoy high quality audio and video out. it's pretty simple. cheers.

Dear Tigersky

Many thanks for your kind offer of guiding through a self build, I think it's the way to go now. I received gt1-a today and first issue was that remote control would only work at a distance of less than a metre!! On a positive note though I did manage to get surround sound working following instructions posted earlier, thank you fritsch. Other issues were it intermittently losing network connection which could be fixed by unplugging Ethernet cable and plugging back in. Also Kodi would not let me set screen resolution higher than 1920 x 1080p.

Think it's going back to Amazon tomorrow! the remote issue alone is a deal breaker. I really liked my original openelec solution running on an Asus nvidia chipset family based passively cooled motherboard. I only tried to upgrade to get 4K output. I still have mini ITX case and PSU so really interested in doing same again. Libreelec seems to be the way to go. What do I need spec wise for a mini ITX board? Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance

Of course I mean ATX board, I do have some idea of what I am talking about, really!!

Messages In This Thread
RE: 5.1 surround output via optical output - by ninjagull99 - 2019-10-16, 23:56
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
5.1 surround output via optical output1