5.1 surround output via optical output
(2019-10-20, 21:28)tigersky Wrote:
(2019-10-19, 00:36)ninjagull99 Wrote:
(2019-10-17, 11:25)ninjagull99 Wrote: Dear wrxtasy

Many thanks for that suggestion.  I particularity like the idea putting Corelec Kodi onto microSDHC card and then installing it directly onto device itself and thus removing Android altogether, it's purely Kodi that I am after.

Best wishes 

Just a follow up to say that I successfully installed coreelec Kodi onto beeline gt1-a this evening. Working really well, no Ethernet drop outs, allows 4K resolution, 5.1 surround now being played correctly to all speakers, even the remote works from sofa not just less than 1 metre Sait did previously, can't work that one out! In Kodi settings I can enable pass through but the option to choose what device cannot be selected. It is saying HDMI but I am getting output from SPDIF so not too worried.

All I need now is to work out how to install onto the internal eMMC memory.

Thank you everyone again for help along the way. 
hi ninja, installation to internal memory is not supported by coreelec team for android boxes but recommended for SBC's. coreelec runs pretty well on sd card in beelink gt1. please reconsider your decision.

Hi tigersky

Many thanks, had started researching how to install to eMMC earlier and saw posts about how it was not supported and not much faster. So had decided not to try to do internal install. If it ain’t bust then why fix it? Really pleased that it’s all working with Kodi, great job by all the developers. Love being able to use devices for slightly different purposes. I have been using Kodi since the days of XBMC when I installed it on original XBox which required hardware hack!

Messages In This Thread
RE: 5.1 surround output via optical output - by ninjagull99 - 2019-10-20, 23:02
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
5.1 surround output via optical output1