Beta Metadata Editor - Update library + .nfo informations
Hello @sualfred

Sorry, had to find some quiet time to test again. I am testing music and no more errors when invoking the editor, but I noticed
1. Artist- Description- Cannot be edited
2. Song- Votes- Does not accept entry
3. Song- Artists- When editing the Artist, a new Artist is created rather than editing the existing. See next comments

My other concern with Music is that you are offering a level of editing that may conflict with scraped MBID's. For example, allowing users to edit the Artist, Album Artist, Song Artist, Album, Album title, track numbers etc but if MBID's are also scraped for these items, then there could be corruption. I see that in Song editor, the MBID's are available for editing, but most users won't know to edit them in tandem, or how to edit correctly and, realistically, song files should be correctly tagged before they are scanned into Kodi. Not adjusted after. Especially as some of these settings can never be saved for a future rescrape as it requires the Music Files to be correctly tagged.

Maybe @DaveBlake could confirm if this is correct.

Apart from the above concern, it is looking great and I found no other issue. Thanks Smile
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Metadata Editor - Update library + .nfo informations - by Karellen - 2019-11-09, 23:49
Metadata editor error - by BartZorn - 2023-02-23, 10:02
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metadata Editor - Update library + .nfo informations0