Audio Passthru not working on Nvidia shield TV Pro 2019
Hi,

I was using Kodi 18.4 on a Xiaomi MiBox 3 with no problems with the audio passthru from Kodi to my Samsung HW-Q90 soundbar on both Dolby Atmos and DTS X files.

I just updated my setup to the brandnew Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019 and i can't get the Dolby Atmos and DTS playing anymore. I do get surround sound but no longer my beloved 7.1 Atmos or DTS.

I tried the same files with VLC (with audio passtrhu enabled) and they worked just fine, so it seems that it's not related to the connection between the the Shield and the soundbar.

On the Mibox, when i enabled passthru, i had the option to select the kind of audio streams that i wanted enabled (dolby, dts, etc...)
On the Shield when i enable passtrhu there is nothing to check.

I checked the audio streams when playing using the audio setup on kodi and they appear as 'unkwown - 8 channel' so it's as if the files, which did not change from the previous setup (since they're stored on an SMB NAS) are not recognized by Kodi on the shield

Any ideas ?

Kind regards,

Elie

Messages In This Thread
Audio Passthru not working on Nvidia shield TV Pro 2019 - by frman - 2019-11-08, 12:27
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Passthru not working on Nvidia shield TV Pro 20190