Release Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]]
(2020-06-08, 22:46)Varstahl Wrote:
(2020-06-04, 18:00)joie Wrote:  
(2020-06-08, 22:07)calibos Wrote: However, then I clicked on Top TV and the blue ring has been spinning for about 20 minutes now and seems to be 'Loading Page 29' etc now. DO I just need to enter every Menu item to let it cache everything once and then going forwards when its only the odd new show or episode added, there won't be a delay or is something actually wrong and this is not normal behaviour of the add-on?

TL;DR: depends on what you're looking for.

I absolutely despise the way Amazon presents its content, so I use full scan all the time. Video metadata is cached after the first time, so in subsequent runs loading will speed up significantly. Still, depends on the network and CPU speed. On a Raspberry, for example, is unbearably slow.

For those slow instances you can decide where you want to respect Amazon's pagination. The setting is in the "PrimeVideo" addon settings, at the bottom of the list after "Amazon.TLD". "Watchlist" and "Search" pagination are self explainatory, Collection refers to sub-categories ("PrimeVideo exclusives", "Top rated movies", etc.), while the general categories are never paginated and always loaded without pagination.

Also, on the topic of video data cache, the addon is overly conservative. Since most of the Amazon series are added in an easily bingeable bulk, it never automatically rescans a series, regardless of how old it is. In those cases, if new episodes should be out, you need to manually refresh the season/TV Show from the contextual menu.
Wired Gigabit Network, 250/25mbit Cable Internet, Odroid N2 running Android 9.0 KODI off an SD Card for testing purposes. I have 16gb eMMC cards on the way for the two Odroid N2's I need to run with Android KODI (So I can use Android Virgin TV Anywhere Apps)

Turning off Pagination for 'Everything' seems to have speeded things up, however......

I think I mis-spoke earlier, it was the Amazone Android app that I managed to get content playing from, not this Amazon Add-on. When I click on a TV show episode for example the screen dims and the blue ring spins and the video never starts playing.

EDIT

Got distracted and now looking back at the screen with the ring still spinning I can see a nearly half full playback progress bar across the top of the screen (Skin is Aeon Nox Silvio btw)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]] - by calibos - 2020-06-08, 23:24
Episodes list don't update. - by Pharazon - 2020-09-20, 20:42
RE: Episodes list don't update. - by Varstahl - 2020-09-21, 09:40
RE: Episodes list don't update. - by Pharazon - 2020-09-22, 02:52
No Videos Showing in Amazon VOD - by bzoit9 - 2023-01-02, 19:21
Amazon VOD addon - by Sumanyu - 2020-08-17, 01:58
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]]2