Solved Best way to update source locations
SOLVED

The best option seems to be exporting the library with the build-in function (Settings > Media > Library > Export Library) then export to a single or separate files (depending on preference).
Then change the paths with a text editor or a simple script/piped commands.
After that just import the new file(s) with Kodi (Settings > Media > Library > Import Library).

A few notes:
  • It seems that exporting to separate files is slightly faster than exporting to a single file.
  • Separate files will be placed next to your media (Video/Music files).
  • Separate files can export thumbs and artwork, while single file can't.
  • Importing seems to lock the Kodi UI. Which isn't really an issue as such, but I did find it annoying that when it got to importing TV Shows I didn't get live (or correct) progress updates.
    • The UI was only refreshed when Kodi finished importing a TV Show (right before starting on the next) and it seemed to be showing the previous show in the UI, not the one it's currently working on.
      • I "solved" this "issue" by writing a small Python script that would use tail with argument -f to grab added lines from the Kodi Log.
      • I also had the script use a cat first to grab the entire log and then filter out all the lines that indicated the import process.
      • Beforehand I had collected a list of all my TV Show episodes (just counted the files really) to get a total or 100% if you will.
      • Then based on the current number of lines in the Log compared to my total number of files I was able to calculate the progress and estimate a time of completion.
      • (there is probably a better way to get around this. Also note that I was importing from a single file, I don't know if the same issue is present when importing from separate files.)

Original Post Below

Greetings,

I have all my video files stored on a NAS and I just moved, which means I'm on a new network and my NAS now has a new IP.
I don't have the option of giving it a statistic IP on this network (though it should retain it's current IP), so instead I have to update my media library in Kodi.

I have done some googling and the most talked about option I have seen is to export the database to xml and update the locations there, delete the video and textures database as well as the thumbnails and then import the updated xml.
However most of the posts suggesting this approach was rather old, so I was wondering if there is any other way to go about this that would be easier?

Messages In This Thread
Best way to update source locations - by Son_Of_Diablo - 2019-12-01, 17:45
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best way to update source locations0