Intel 8th gen NUC without frame stutters - how?
(2020-01-31, 03:52)whysoserious Wrote:
(2020-01-30, 01:45)contadino Wrote:  
EDIT: I screwed up with the 1st iteration of this post. Run is the "persistent" USB install, Live is non-persistent. My apologies for any confusion this may have caused.

No need to install to a second USB thumbdrive, what works for me is:

1. Bootup LibreELEC USB thumbdrive created with the  “LibreELEC USB-SD Creator” app from the LibreELEC website.
2. After booting I am presented with a menu with 3 choices: Install, Run, or Live. 
- Install installs LE on the hardrive of the HTPC, wiping out any existing OS's and files.
- Run installs LE onto the same USB thumbdrive in a "persistent" state, and saves changes such as libraries and add-ons. Additionally, it makes the USB thumbdrive boot to the "Live" condition by default from then on. On a USB 3.0 device in a USB 3.0 port it is as fast as a native installation.
- Live runs LE from the USB thumbdrive but I don't think it is persistent, doesn't save any changes you make, libraries, add-ons, etc.
This method uses the HTPC's ram and hardware, but doesn't make any changes to the device's hard drive.

This is how I have a bootable installation of LE 9.2 Leia to fall back on if my LE Matrix Alpha 1 installation on the internal hard drive breaks during frequent updates.    
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Intel 8th gen NUC without frame stutters - how? - by whysoserious - 2020-02-02, 00:22
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel 8th gen NUC without frame stutters - how?0