Is there a way to filter to a particular Disc within a box set?
I'm making use of @black_eagle's great work with boxsets to help organize my library.  Since Kodi currently recognizes multi-disc sets as a single album, I am unable to display a particular disc by way of a smart playlist; it's either the entire multi-disc "album" or nothing.  Is it possible to create a custom node, for example, that considers discs within an album as a container that can then be further filtered with rules to display only certain discs?

A bit more background on what I'm trying to do: my library features a fair bit of classic rock music which has been remastered and remixed and re-released again and again, sometimes in surround versions, etc.  With a little tag-fu the new boxset functionality has been great for organizing all these releases into multi-disc albums, with each disc a different version within the album container.  Makes for a neat and tidy library when I browse by album (which is mostly all I ever do).  But I can't then display only discs tagged in some manner with "surround" or "SACD" or the like.

If I must, I'll go back to retagging these "special" discs with unique album titles so that they can be selected individually, although I'm not crazy about losing the ability to group them all together visually as one big "album".  Hoping the core logic exists to browse and filter individual discs, and I just don't know how yet.  Any thoughts?

Messages In This Thread
Is there a way to filter to a particular Disc within a box set? - by antisuck - 2020-02-03, 13:47
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there a way to filter to a particular Disc within a box set?0