Newbie needing help with music playlists etc
Ok, I am new to Kodi and have quite a few questions about using it as a music server that I can’t seem to get answered anywhere online. I used to use Windows Media Player and was able to play music on a small hard drive connected to my pc, via an AV processor and so listen to my music through my hi-fi speakers instead of just on a laptop. I have a huge music collection and it was until recently stored on hundreds of mp3 dvds. But I bought a 6TB drive and have put it all on there (about 4TB worth) as well as backing it all up on BDXL discs. But I soon realised that the Windows player was not up to the job, and so my research brought me to Kodi. It worked fine, it scoured the hard drive and it took about half an hour or more but it found all the music. So now on  my tv screen I get Kodi/Desktop when I select NET/SERVER on the amp. But it’s not without it’s problems. I have no way to search from my amp. It gives me a menu such as Artists, Albums, Genres etc as well as Recently Added and Recently Played. But because it’s such a large collection it’s a nightmare. If I select Albums it shows the first 10 and you can then ‘scroll’ through them 10 at a time. But when you consider that the first few hundred or more start off with a ‘ or a ! or similar and then eventually get to those beginning with the number 1 you will start to see the problem. Same kind of issues with artists. I know that part of the problem is that quite a bit of my ‘tagging’ is either crap or non existent. They didn’t really use it in the early days of mp3 so lots of my stuff has no artist for example and often no track names. So I started playing around with Playlists on the Kodi app on my pc, but I find it really difficult and have so many questions about how to use it and can’t seem to find advice anywhere. All the info online seems to relate to using Kodi as an interface for various add-ons to watch tv channels and movies. So if anyone has a good understanding of how to create, edit and delete playlists please reply and I can give you more details of what I’ve been trying to do. Thanks, Mike

Messages In This Thread
Newbie needing help with music playlists etc - by mikethebike007 - 2020-02-09, 19:10
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie needing help with music playlists etc0