Question: Node for Artists with specific types of albums only?
I see, thanks for your replies guys!

@DaveBlake I'm delighted that such a direction is on the roadmap, sounds good! Personally I'd love such a feature like the Facets Toolbar in Foobar2000. With that search feature, you can filter songs by virtually anything but you still have the ability to browse songs in an Artist->Album structure. (This is probably the wrong place for feature requests, maybe I should open an issue on Github?)

But maybe there is another solution for my actual problem, which I can achieve with the features Kodi has today?
The problem I try to solve is, that I have a bunch of albums in my library which are unofficial bootleg recordings of live concerts. Sometimes I just want to listen to a random playlist of songs by a particular artist, but I only want to listen to studio recordings of that artist. Sure, I could create a smart playlist, but I would have to create a separate playlist for each artist (which I have too many of). Furthermore sometimes I want to listen to studio recordings of multiple artists but without all those live recordings (or remixes which are often found on Single CDs).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question: Node for Artists with specific types of albums only? - by max_4631 - 2020-02-20, 11:36
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question: Node for Artists with specific types of albums only?0