Question: Node for Artists with specific types of albums only?
The facility to filter any item (artists, albums, songs, genres, years) by the propeties of any item e.g. artists with songs with "greatest" in the title is what I have in mind. The database can do it (I love relational databases) , the tricky part is making a UI useable via screen 10ft away and a TV remote.

As for your problem my first thought would be to put the bootleg recordings in a separare folder struture and add as a separate music source, then filter using source (or not when you want both official and bootleg). Source filtering is new to v18, and does apply to all kinds of items so could be useful for you.

It could be that you have not noticed the filter facility on the sideblade menu. Although a full songs node is slow to load when you have alot of songs, it does offer similar filtering to smart playlists so could be used more dynamically to get random studio recordings by an artist.

Finally there is the option to use Yatse to control Kodi playback, it has good dynamic filtering and does not choke over dynamic filtering of large libraries of songs.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question: Node for Artists with specific types of albums only? - by DaveBlake - 2020-02-21, 11:04
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question: Node for Artists with specific types of albums only?0