WIP Ember Media Manager 1.9.x - Download & Discussion Thread
(2020-02-22, 18:34)Boulder Wrote:
(2020-02-22, 01:18)DanCooper Wrote:
(2020-02-21, 20:49)Boulder Wrote: Many thanks for the new version Blush

I have IMDb as the first scraper and TMDb as the second one. I have some items that don't have a plot or plot outline in IMDb but all the other data is better in my opinion. Now when I scrape, I get the IMDb plot outline displayed with text "Know what this is?" or something like that because IMDb returns only that. I then empty the field and click Next, after which the TMDb plot data appears. However, it is not used when the scraping is finished and I get to preview all the scraped data but the IMDb returned "generic" plot text is there. Is this a bug?
Do you've an example of a movie? Do you use the "Settings => Movies => Data Scraper => Show scraper results in detaild view" or what do you mean with "preview"?   
I don't have that one enabled, I mean by preview that window you get after that.

So the process here is:
1) Select title to scrape and press CTRL+I to scrape it
2) The IMDb window appears, select the correct title from the list
3) IMDb fetches plot data, I clean the fields because it only says "Know what this is about?" which means IMDb does not have a plot.
4) A similar window than in 2) appears with TMDb list, select title and it shows TMDb plot data. I found this behaviour by total accident.
5) I accept the TMDb plot data by proceeding to the next phase, which is that preview window that shows all the collected data and where you can then change the art etc. if you like. However, the plot data is once again what IMDb provided.

You can test for example with tt9844298 (Deep Purple: ...To the Rising Sun in Tokyo (2015)).

EDIT: Also, is it supposed to jump to the next scraper if the title is not found? For example "The Alan Parsons Symphonic Project: Live in Colombia" is not in IMDb but can be found in TMDb. To scrape, I need to manually put TMDb as the first scraper or it won't work. 
You cant overwrite the plot or plot outline in the search result dialog, because it's a search results dialog, only that fields for the dialog has been scraped (to save time) and the full information will be rescraped after you've selected the correct movie.

Never saw "Know what this is about?" as result, so I've to add that as text to ignore in the IMDb scraper.

Scraper ordering: yes, that's how it works. It's not perfect if a movie don't has been found on all scrapers but i can't change that in this release. That's something that will be changed in the real "new" Ember version.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.91.x - Discussion Thread - by DanCooper - 2020-02-22, 22:22
Miscellaneous > Media List Editor - by pstrg - 2020-06-09, 02:38
MovieSets - by pstrg - 2020-06-11, 22:01
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.9.x - Download & Discussion Thread2