WIP Ember Media Manager 1.9.x - Download & Discussion Thread
(2020-05-14, 12:27)LaurNet Wrote: hello thank you very much for this very good work. I'm new to the group, I have a question about the 14.x version the "Trailer URL" was automatically when the scrape added.
In version 15.x, this is no longer the case, you have to edit and force. Is it possible to set this part automatically ?
thank you
That's still working the same way like on older versions: you have to enable the "Settings => Movies => Scraper -Data => Global Fields => Trailer" checkbox and also a data scraper that provides trailer links.
But i had to remove the IMDb Trailer links because they now are 480p only and very laborious to parse. The only data scraper with trailer links is now TMDb (provides YouTube links). Now i use the officially YouTube API to get the infos for a YouTube link and with many old videos the information says "not playable" even the video on the YouTube website is playable. That's the reason why also TMDb not provides a lot of links and something i've to check and do a workaround or re-implement the old way to check if a video/link is working or not.

IMO trailer links are a bad solution to get trailers. I prefer the download of trailers because videos on YouTube can be removed after a long time. The Trailer scrapers can only be used for downloading, not to get links while data scraping. The only way to use the trailer scrapers as trailer link generator is the manually way over the Edit dialog. This will be changed in Ember 2.0, but I'm unable to do that in Ember 1.5.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ember Media Manager 1.5.x - Discussion Thread - by DanCooper - 2020-05-14, 12:50
Miscellaneous > Media List Editor - by pstrg - 2020-06-09, 02:38
MovieSets - by pstrg - 2020-06-11, 22:01
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.9.x - Download & Discussion Thread2