Streaming to Firestick: picture quality and teletext subtitles?
So I'm using TVServerKodi v1.21.0.141 and Mediaportal 2.2.1, streaming to a Firestick with Kodi 18.6 and the PVR client 3.5.18 installed.

Streaming live TV works, however only if I use the streaming option TSreader with RTSP streaming enabled.
I do get a few pixalated artifacts when streaming over Wifi and I do get fairly noticable interlacing with the TV picture. The PC running Mediaportal should be more than powerful enough to transcode.
Any tips on how to improve streaming quality?

I've also noticed that I don't seem to be able to timeshift while watching a live stream. It jumps back in the timeline but then immediately seems to jump "forward" to the present time again.
Any suggestions?

Finally, I can activate teletext based subtitles (Australian TV here) and they display, but don't update unless I press the pause/play button on the Firestick remote. By that I mean that it displays written subtitle text on the screen that's static, until I press the remote, at which point the next sentence is displayed.

Messages In This Thread
Streaming to Firestick: picture quality and teletext subtitles? - by chemoul - 2020-03-30, 13:07
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Streaming to Firestick: picture quality and teletext subtitles?0