Solved Documentation for Music Library Nodes
Is there a more deeper documentation for Kodi's Node feature then whats on the wiki pages?
I ask, because i don't know where to find a list of parameters the folder type or more precisely the music special path can take.
The reason I ask, i have organized my Music Collection to differ between Music, Soundtrack, Game Soundtrack and Audio Books and I want to recreate every Node possible with the plain Music hirachy.
But I found some inconsitencies.
For example, the following works:
xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<node order="20" type="folder" visible="Library.HasContent(Music)">
    <label>133</label>
    <icon>DefaultMusicArtists.png</icon>
    <path>musicdb://artists/?albumartistsonly=true&amp;source=Musik</path>
</node>
This causes Problems allready:
xml:

<node order="10" type="folder" visible="Library.HasContent(Music)">
    <label>135</label>
    <icon>DefaultMusicGenres.png</icon>
    <path>musicdb://genres/?source=Musik</path>
</node>
While it does work, it take ages, and it gives you all the genres, but those which are not within Sources are empty.
I discovered a similar behavior when using playlists, filtering by sources gives that result, filtering by tags (I had a Music Tag which i want to get rid off)
Does what it should, it gives me just the genres i expect.

This one does not work at all, it just returns every recently added album and unfortunatelly it seems i cannot recreate that using playlists either, i can't sort by day added and limit that:

xml:

<node order="80" type="folder" visible="Library.HasContent(Music)">
    <label>359</label>
    <icon>DefaultMusicRecentlyAdded.png</icon>
    <path>musicdb://recentlyaddedalbums/?genre=Audiobooks</path>
</node>

So, again, is there a way to find out which paths are exposed from the database and which arguments do they take?
I tried to find something within the Kodi Sources on Gthub, but i guess i understand not enough C++ ;-)

Update:
I consider this Thread solved. As @DaveBlake points out, folder based nodes are not documented for a reason and the feature is probably going to be deprecated in the future, so i won't bother. Still have a look at #10, there are some great explenations also of what is working with some folder nodes and what not.
I almost realized everything i wanted to, with genre splitted by source the only exception, yet still having a somewhat, allthough not perfectly working solution.
If you are interested in splitting sources and grouping by genres, i posted a partly working example in #13, which won't take ages on bigger libraries.

Messages In This Thread
Documentation for Music Library Nodes - by Canuma - 2020-05-02, 19:54
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Documentation for Music Library Nodes0