Server Unreachable for NextPVR and TVHeadend
(2020-05-12, 02:00)PSFinAL Wrote: Hi, I'm very new to Kodi and I recently installed in on a new Windows 10 PC.  I am primarily interested in using Kodi for watching live OTA TV via USB Hauppauge digital TV tuner (single) and recording sometimes too.  I was able to get NextPVR installed once and decided to try another client.  I ran into issues so I uninstalled NextPVR and Kodi and started all over.  Now I can't get NextPVR or TVHeadend to install because of the following error: Server unreachable.  I think the same thing happened with MythTV.  I tried opening up the firewall to see if that would resolve this but it did not.  I'm not sure how to post an event log here.  Any ideas on what I can do to fix this?
In Tvheadend, if you have installed it on the same machine that runs Kodi, then you have to go to Configuration - Users - Access Entries and add 127.0.0.1/32 to each entry in the "Allowed Networks" column.  So, for example, if your local network is in the 192.168.1.x subnet, then the "Allowed Networks" entry would look like

192.168.1.0/24,127.0.0.1/32

If you don't add the local loopback address then Tvheadend will reject connections from other programs running on the same machine, even though it's also technically on the same local network. This may also be an issue with other PVR software.  Of course this is not a problem if the backend software is running on a different machine than Kodi on the same local network.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Server Unreachable for NextPVR and TVHeadend - by oldtvwatcher - 2020-05-12, 13:12
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Server Unreachable for NextPVR and TVHeadend0