KODI app on TV very slow to connect to shared drive on local network
Hi everyone, Here is  the issue. I have Kodi app on my TV ( Great) I have a shared folder on a pc dedicated to media. Every pc in the house can access and play no dramas. My tv has kodi installed and i have a connection to the shared folder. The issue is whn i turn on the TV it takes 5 sometimes 0 minutes to connect to this drive. As a test on the tv i then go straight to the DLNA services and connect to the drive straight away. The weird thing is if i do that, then kodi can also connect to the shared drive. But if i don't do this it can take kodi forever to connect. But once connected there are no dramas. I just use it to stream prerecorded tv. Is there a connection setting on Kodi app on the TV that can make this connection faster. Else i don't want to start using the standard DLNA offering on the TV as kodi has a much better interface.So it is the time kodi take to to connect to the shared folder which is the issue - way too long. I don't think it matters what tv it is because i have demonstrated that if i go through the standard DLNA section of the TV it connects straight away. Can anyone help ?
Ta Brisabane

Messages In This Thread
KODI app on TV very slow to connect to shared drive on local network - by Brisbane - 2020-05-16, 03:36
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI app on TV very slow to connect to shared drive on local network0