Bug 5.1 Surround issue after pausing Raspberry Pi 4
(2020-05-24, 17:02)curiousnoob Wrote:
(2020-05-23, 15:03)Axionkt Wrote: This doesn't seem to be related to Kodi as the same issue occurs for every sound output regardless of the program used. Even speaker-test displays the same problem.
It could be the AVR, I'm not sure as the same setup works fine with a Pi2, only the Pi4 seems to have this issue.
I posted the problem with more detail on the raspberrypi forums: https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt...8&t=273949

I also tried to patch the kernel with the following thinking it could be related but I was wrong. https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/com...e57464497e
Thank you for the repost.
I am afraid I wasn't very precise:
I do occasionally use the mentioned formats, however it seems to happen most notably during AAC (PCM) with or without passthrough as far as I can tell. I have not observed it in DTS yet. As Puck says it is hard to reproduce. Please excuse my inexperience, I am trying my best.
I have used AAC-Videos with passthrough via HDMI with multiple devices (Blu-ray Player, Win7/Win10 Laptops) and I never encountered this phenomenon. As far as I understand, it is not very likely to be an issue of the AVR.   
AAC and PCM are not 'passthrough' formats (*) - so they can't be passed through. AAC is decoded to PCM, and PCM is carried as PCM - which is a baseband format that is treated differently to a bit streamed format that is just passed through untouched.  So the passthrough response was a red herring - as you aren't playing formats that could be expected to be passed through. 

I'm going to guess you don't get it with DD/AC-3 or DTS content that can actually be passed through.

So the issue is likely to be to do with the way the Pi 4B handles multichannel PCM output.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 5.1 Surround issue after pausing Raspberry Pi 4 - by noggin - 2020-05-24, 23:01
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
5.1 Surround issue after pausing Raspberry Pi 40