Can RasPi Kodi use VLC for its player.
Sorry if this is a stupid noob question. I’ve tried to Google it of course. A while back I was able to play Cody streams through VLC on my PC. Is there any way to do this on a raspberry pi with Kodi. I’m using LibreElec Kodi ( The only raspberry pi 4 option that I know of) and I’m not even sure how to get into the command line. I’m sure I can look that up but I know what I’m asking is that can I set up VLC to be the player engine in Kodi, and it would it retain all of the navigation features?

I just seem to have a lot of problems with the built-in Kodi player. I play a lot of videos made by amateurs who may not be the best at encoding and I seem to have more problems with Kodi playback than I ever did with the Boxeebox or popcorn hour or even the WDMC player. Particularly WMV files do not play all that well. And while I can’t imagine WHY people are still using the WMP7 and 8 encoders, they clearly still are.

As an aside given how amazingly agile the VLC player is, and it is open source, why isn’t it the main core player in Kodi to begin with?

Thanks

Messages In This Thread
Can RasPi Kodi use VLC for its player. - by StarBurns - 2020-05-23, 20:12
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can RasPi Kodi use VLC for its player.0