Any solution for controller lag on Raspberry Pi?
I have a Raspberry Pi 3 B+, and I've noticed quite a bit of input lag on my controller when playing SNES games (via the RetroPlayer support in Kodi, using snes9x2010). I've followed the RetroPie instructions at https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Set.../Input-Lag (particularly, setting Game Mode on the TV and using a wired controller), but I'm still seeing some lag. I also have a fan and a case that's supposed to be good for air flow, so I don't get the high-temperature indicator on screen like I used to (and I'm not running into any of the low-voltage indicators, either). I can still play non-timing-sensitive games like JRPGs, but Super Mario World is just slow enough that it's difficult to play.

To isolate the variables, I tried this on Kodi on my desktop computer with the same wired controller, and it worked fine: no lag. I tried a few different emulator cores on my TV as well, but unsurprisingly they were at least as bad as snes9x2010 if not worse.

Is there anything else I can do to make more SNES games playable on my TV through my Raspberry Pi? Have others had a similar experience?

Messages In This Thread
Any solution for controller lag on Raspberry Pi? - by jschuster - 2020-05-31, 15:12
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any solution for controller lag on Raspberry Pi?0