Best network protocol for KODI to externally access a Synology NAS
Hi good and clever people,

I have a Synology NAS (1816+ I believe it is called) with a lot of content from ripped DVDs. I use this NAS both for my HTPC at home, accessing it over my local network, and for accessing it remotely, from my cabin. I use WebDAV (HTTP) as the network protocol, as this is the only one I have been able to make work. However, this only work properly for TV Shows, not Movies, due to my long established file structure. The problem is explained in more detail here: 355094 (thread)

So I am thinking, I can either use a different network protocol, if I am able to make that work, and I don't run into the same issue, or I can try to find some advanced settings that will help me scrape/grab/organize my files correctly. I am looking into both option to see which would work and be the easiest/best.

So my question right here and now is this: Has anyone been able to successfully connect their Windows PC KODI installation with a Synology NAS with some other network protocol than WebDAV, and if so, could you tell me how?

Messages In This Thread
Best network protocol for KODI to externally access a Synology NAS - by cgroth - 2020-06-11, 12:34

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best network protocol for KODI to externally access a Synology NAS0
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.