windows 7 machine, server-WMC keeps stopping
(2020-06-17, 21:54)robertkjr3d Wrote:
(2020-06-17, 20:59)krustyreturns Wrote: Since usb, make sure the tuner isn't getting powered or suspended by windows.

well Krusty... Something I didn't think of, till today. This machine was not protected by anysort of Malware or virus scanner.  It was just a media-machine.  Not much was loaded on it.  And formerly a work-machine, that also had a dedicated purpose. 

But of course.  I put 'SpyHunter 5', and it has found 3 baddies so far.  One potentially bad one:
70% Red- DangerousObject-Generic (High) --- Microsoft.Win32.TaskScheduler
Since you are Krusty... I'll quote the simpsons and say "D'oh"

It turns out this was false...  I just installed the 'Sidebardiagnostics'.  I believe it is a false-claim.  Just based on the name of a dll.  I will uninstall it (well spyhunter already gutted it), but this was not it.
<<Since usb, make sure the tuner isn't getting powered or suspended by windows.>>
Is there a setting in Windows 7 for this.  Something that might have changed in a newer Windows 7 update?
It has been working for years.

I did 'disable': USA selective suspend setting.

The MCUpdate log has this:
Failed to retrieve Epglistings... "mediacenter.microsoft.com'   Why is it still trying?  I have switched to EPGlistings Garyyan a long time ago.  How can I stop it from trying?

Messages In This Thread
RE: windows 7 machine, server-WMC keeps stopping - by robertkjr3d - 2020-06-17, 22:41
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
windows 7 machine, server-WMC keeps stopping0