Would Kodi be appropriate for using as a PEG (public access) Television station VOD?
As a small public access television station we currently pay our video server provider a fee to provide video on demand services for us.  There is a big restriction on amount of content we can store.
We are thinking of essentially bringing VOD in house so we can make much more of our programming available.  I am very ignorant about Kodi (sorry).  Where it seem to me to be a very good fit is that the content is available on a lot of platforms.  We do not have a lot of people accessing our content at the same time (1 or 2 max most of the time, maybe 3 or 4 on rare occasions).  For our current VOD we transcode all of programming (Government meetings, sports games, parades, etc) and upload them to the VOD website along with also updating the necessary metadata (stored in a mysql database).   This is one of the areas I am curious about, how the metadata for our programming would be added \ stored in kodi?   I am do not understand how content can be grouped together, example: all of the selectman's meetings (is this a program, with different episodes).  Is there a channel metaphore (we would at a high level group our content by: Government, Sports, School Events).   We would install this on a regular server, we have lots of band width available.

Any direction or suggestions about this would be great.  It is also ok to say this is a dumb idea and I should look at something else.  Any comments are appreciated.
Thanks,
Lance

Messages In This Thread
Would Kodi be appropriate for using as a PEG (public access) Television station VOD? - by lcluster - 2020-06-18, 14:03
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Would Kodi be appropriate for using as a PEG (public access) Television station VOD?0