Music library rescans files whether they were changed or not
An automated process dumps all the new audio files downloaded into a common flat folder and asks Kodi to scan it via the JSON-RPC API. The documentation notes that the library update process "only actually scans the tags from those files that are new or changed" but what I have noticed in the logs is that irrespective of any modified time on the files, every audio file in the folder is removed from the library and rescanned.

Code:

NOTICE: Starting Kodi (18.6 Git:leia_pi4_18.6-Leia). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit
NOTICE: Running on LibreELEC (official): 9.2.1, kernel: Linux ARM 32-bit version 4.19.106
DEBUG: DoScan Rescanning dir 'smb://Ivan/Music/New Downloads/' due to change
DEBUG: Mysql execute: UPDATE versiontagscan SET lastscanned = '2020-06-15 03:42:32'
DEBUG: Mysql execute: delete from song where idSong in (...4244 of ids...)
DEBUG: Mysql execute: delete from path where strPath='smb://Ivan/Music/New Downloads/'
DEBUG: CSMBFile::Open - opened smb://Ivan/Music/New Downloads/3d..., fd=10000
DEBUG: CSMBFile::Close closing fd 10000
... repeats open and close on all files
... insert song, album, ...

Looking at the database, I see strHash only recorded at folder level and it leads me to believe that this is how audio scanning is supposed to work. Is my understanding wrong, the documentation outdated, LE-flavored-Kodi somehow breaking things, or JSON-RPC's AudioLibrary.Scan not capable of checking for changes at the file level?

Messages In This Thread
Music library rescans files whether they were changed or not - by AMoo-Miki - 2020-06-18, 14:39
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music library rescans files whether they were changed or not0