Req Video/Audio stream selector shortcut when playing videos
Hello,

sorry if my post doesn't belong here (or is duplicate, I didn't find any related topic in this section).

I'm an android User (via Android TV), but as my request is "UX related" I think it would be non OS-dependent.

I wonder if it would be possible to add a similar "UI shortcut" in videos playback which would allow to select Audio/Video stream like it is already implemented for subtitles ?

In case of MKV with multiples audio tracks and multiples video tracks, it would be simplier to "switch" versions than going into "Parameters" to do it.

For switching video streams it would be a plus, but non necessary (nonetheless it would be easier). But for audio tracks, it's language related (as subtitles), I think it would be a huge UX improvement.

If I refer to my wife, when she wants to watch a show in original version or dubbed version she's loosing her path almost every time she had to do it (I, personnally, found the task non-obvious at first, now it's ok but not practical).

Another Idea would be to leave specific/advanced parameters for "Subtitles/Video/Audio" into the "parameters" menu, and :

replace the existing "shortcut" button to a "Track selector", which would just allow to configure each track played back (to avoid plenty of buttons in the nav-bar) :
  • Audio Section
    • Change Audio Stream (like "parameters") or Audio Stream (like "Parameters/Audio parameters/Audio Stream")
  • Subtitles Section
    • De/Activate Subtitles
    • Subtitles (as is)
  • Video Section
    • Video Stream (like "Parameters/Video parameters/Video stream").
The idea is to have a AIO "window" which would regroup all of the selectors listed above (so, 4 selectors + 2 horizontal "separator" lines).

I didn't know if a "Request" section exists on GitHub project (I didn't find it anyway), so I posted it here.

Thanks for reading me Smile

Messages In This Thread
Video/Audio stream selector shortcut when playing videos - by mjibey - 2020-06-23, 10:49
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video/Audio stream selector shortcut when playing videos0