Do anyone had any success with LIRC using USB/COM converter with receiver TSOP4838?
I want to use IR control over Kodi but all I could do until now is to buy some keyboard emulator remote. Unfortunately there is a problem with that - brand remotes cost $200 or more which I consider too much for such device and cheap ones are, you know, cheap ones. Thinking it should be possible to use lirc I bought cheap receiver TSOP4838 and USB/COM converter based on pl2303 chip. Converter is recognized, receiver also seems working, at least I can see some unreadable data when listen /dev/ttyUSB0 using minicom on each remote key pressing but device /dev/lirc0 is not created. If I do modprobe serial_ir then said device is created but mode2 does not recognize anything at all anyway.
Kernel: 4.13.0-26.
I really want some success but have no idea what to do, I really like to make it possible use some nice TV or mediaplayer remote out of wide choice around instead of buying some pretty expensive one (and pay a lot for international shipping, yeah) without any choice at all.

Messages In This Thread
Do anyone had any success with LIRC using USB/COM converter with receiver TSOP4838? - by LStranger - 2020-06-25, 01:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Do anyone had any success with LIRC using USB/COM converter with receiver TSOP4838?0