Can I Use an HD Homerun with an Nvidia Shield to Watch & Record UK OTA programming
If you just want to watch TV, then the HDHomeRun and the Shield should be fine (using the HDHomeRun PVR client addon in Kodi). However if you want to record, you'd have to pay their monthly subscription and even then I'm not sure there are versions of the PVR which can support it (I think there was at one point, but I don't know if it's still around and supported).

The simplest way is to use a backend such as TVHeadEnd and route the connection through that. As you already note, there's no such back-ends for the Android platform, but what many people do is get a RaspBerry Pi or similar device and use that to host the server. Personally I do this (I've got a Pi4 running both LibreElec and TVHeadEnd server sat beneath the TV in my lounge, fed by an HDHR Quatro and an HDHR Duo). For recording, best to also hook it up to some sort of external storage, either a USB hard drive or a NAS depending on what you wish (I started with the former then moved to the latter).

The backend is really only needed for recording, for other purposes Kodi plus the relevant PVR addon normally suffices.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can I Use an HD Homerun with an Nvidia Shield to Watch & Record UK OTA programming - by DarrenHill - 2020-06-30, 22:33
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can I Use an HD Homerun with an Nvidia Shield to Watch & Record UK OTA programming0