Can I Use an HD Homerun with an Nvidia Shield to Watch & Record UK OTA programming
Thanks all, lots of brilliant advice!  NextPVR add-on worked seamlessly connecting & populating the channels straight away. The channels were numbered incorrectly but that shouldn't be to difficult to change. It gives a grid style EPG but it has made me re-look at Silicon Dust's effort & I think I could definitley get used to it & I showed it to SWMBO & got a cautious' thumbs up from her as well. I left her to play with recordings of a couple of her favourite shows & I think we may have a winner Big Grin .  At the moment, making the native HDHomerun Android app a 'Favourite' in Kodi & adding it to the Home Screen is leading over the HDHomerun Kodi Add-on (although they are very similar) & the NextPVR although I could use all three easily.

DarrenHill & bsellers100 - I tried the zuki.pvr.hdhomerundvr add-on with no luck but realised I was doing something wrong so I will have another look at that this morning.

wrxtasy - Thanks for the suggestion but the ChannelsDVR app costs £21.49 & I don't think I need to pay another fee on top of the £35.00 DVR fee I've already paid as I seem to have a solution that works, but if it gives me the perfect experience I will do it. Time to check YouTube as there is no free trial for the software.

In summary I have been very impressed with the HDHomerun box & DVR service as a product. It's not a cheap solution but I've spent so many years jerryrigging Heath Robinson solutions that it's time to let the pros take the strain even if it costs me a bit more.  I have also been surprised at how easy it has been to integrate into Kodi & the Shield & finally many thanks to everyone who has advised & commented on this thread...cheers.

I'll check the zuki.pvr.hdhomerundvr add-on & follow the instructions this time & that might end up as the best solution.

MartinK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can I Use an HD Homerun with an Nvidia Shield to Watch & Record UK OTA programming - by MartinKnowles - 2020-07-04, 10:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can I Use an HD Homerun with an Nvidia Shield to Watch & Record UK OTA programming0