Scraped DVD collection becomes a mess by any TV scraper
Just signed up to the forum for this specific issue. Basically, I had a bit of time during this whole Covid 19 pandemic and started ripping a few DVD collections to be used with a Nvidia shield running Kodi, but all the TV scrapers are only recognizing one season and then the rest of the seasons episodes are just being named like the first season and it's doing that with every DVD collection I've attempted to scrape. 

Stargate SG-1
Stargate Atlantis
Stargate Universe
Farscape
Arrested Development
Chuck

I think my labeling for all these collections are wrong, and according to what else I'm reading here, The episodes shouldn't be in separate folders, but I'm just trying to figure out the format. 
For example, with Stargate SG-1, I've got Stargate SG-1 as the main named folder and within the folder SG-1 Season 1, etc for each season, then SG-1 S1 EP 1 as the file name, but I know that's wrong; I just don't know what's the correct labeling and what to change all the files to for one of the tv scrapers to recognize all the episodes.

Stargate Atlantis I've got for the title. Stargate Atlantis Season 1 for the folder, Stargate Atlantis S1 EP 1 for the episode name. This formatting applies to all of the collections above and they all have this same problem. 

The thing is I've also got the add-ons openinfo and openmeta installed and when I use the openinfo option on the remote while on one of the above ripped collections, it pulls up all of those collections and episodes perfectly. I think I used the XEM tv scraper for that to work. It finds all the episodes in all those series above, it just won't play anything, so I'm really thinking I'm in rookie mistake territory here and keep digging a hole which I'm trying to get out of. 

I know I'll probably have to rename a ton of files, but considering where I am now, with all of these files in every one of these DVD collections labeled wrong, what would be the correct format to change all of these series and seasons and episodes to in order for Kodi to recognize the series with all the episodes correctly matched. 

Thanks for any help.

Messages In This Thread
Scraped DVD collection becomes a mess by any TV scraper - by callanish - 2020-07-01, 04:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraped DVD collection becomes a mess by any TV scraper0