How to import watched status from EMM to Kodi
I have a library of 2300 films, about half of which are watched, which I recently compiled onto EMM. I need to transfer the library to Kodi with watched status included.

I searched this forum and found that Kodi needs advancedsettings.xml to be created in the userdata folder in order to read watched status from .nfo files, so I wrote this and installed it:
xml:

<advancedsettings version="1.0">
    <videolibrary>
    <allitemsonbottom>false</allitemsonbottom>  <!-- sorts the "*All" items at the bottom of the list when in Ascending order -->
    <cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate>  <!-- default set to false to prevent Kodi from removing items from the database while updating.  -->
    <recentlyaddeditems>50</recentlyaddeditems> <!-- number of recently added items. Defaults to 25 -->
    <importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>  <!-- import previously exported playdate and playcount from .nfo files. Defaults to false -->
  </videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

I then deleted the old library on Kodi and created a new one. However this did not work, watched status was not imported. I noticed however that items marked as watched in the old library were marked as watched in the new library, which means Kodi had retained info from the old library. Perhaps I should have used a different name?

EMM's .nfo files contain the following when an item has been watched:
xml:

<playcount>1</playcount>
  <lastplayed>2020-07-02 19:55:05</lastplayed>

i.e. nothing called watchedstate.

There is something I've missed here but I can't work out what it is... any help much appreciated!

Cheers, Dave

Messages In This Thread
How to import watched status from EMM to Kodi - by davethabass - 2020-07-07, 12:59
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to import watched status from EMM to Kodi0