Solved Screen flickers like crazy when kodi is fullscreen on screen#2 and a program is on #1
I've had flickering issues since upgrading to Windows 10 2004 also, but I only have a single screen. It happens if I alt+tab out of Kodi while it's full screen. If I hit \ to switch to window mode first, then alt+tab it's fine. But alt+tab while full screen causes flickering, looks just like the video that was posted. After seeing that your changes for 4.1.0 changed DXGI_SWAP_EFFECT_FLIP_DISCARD to DXGI_SWAP_EFFECT_FLIP_SEQUENTIAL if there is multiple monitors, I recompiled Kodi to use DXGI_SWAP_EFFECT_FLIP_SEQUENTIAL and now my flickering has gone away. I'm not sure what changed in Windows 10 2004 that causes DXGI_SWAP_EFFECT_FLIP_DISCARD to flicker, but I had no issues alt+tabbing out of Kodi with previous versions of Windows 10. I've tested with hardware accelerated GPU scheduling enabled and disabled, doesn't make a difference either.

Not sure what the best course of action is. Maybe checking for Windows 10 2004 and using SEQUENTIAL and use DISCARD for Windows 10 versions lower than that? I'm not sure how far you want to dig into the issue to see what's different in 2004 that causes issues with DISCARD.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Screen flickers like crazy when kodi is fullscreen on screen#2 and a program is on #1 - by yeahme49 - 2020-08-01, 17:54
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screen flickers like crazy when kodi is fullscreen on screen#2 and a program is on #10