Smart playlist or sharing library help?
Hey Everyone!  I'm new to Kodi and am loving it so far, but I have stumped myself and hoping you can offer some advice.  I have all my files on a NAS and currently have Kodi installed on a Windows 10 PC and I have everything setup the way I would like on the PC.  With that setup I have three different menu items I've setup one for movies that goes to my movie library and the other two are TV shows and sports which point to smart playlist of the same corresponding name.  I have done this as I have a couple old wrestling PPV's and racing shows that I wanted to separate from the TV shows and movies.

Like I said everything I've done so far is working the way I'd like.  However I am now setting up another Kodi install on a Raspberry Pi 3.  I am looking to replicate the experience as I have setup on the PC and have the same skin, ect installed.  Now ideally what I would like to do is have the two devices be able to both show the same items watched, pause on one and resume on the other, ect.  I tried turning on the UPnP service on my PC since it is setup in the desired way and I could get the libraries added to my pi however I can't seem to replicate the two separate libraries for tv shows and sports.  Smart Playlists will show up if I add the libraries using the NAS, but it does not show as an option for me on the Pi when I add the libraries as UPnP.  Am I doing something wrong, is there another way of achieving this?  I'm afraid that using MySQL or Emby would result in the same but not sure? 

Do I just have a really weird setup that wont work like this or can someone point me in the right direction to set this up?  I mean worse comes to worse I can just forget being able to see what has been watched being shared between the devices but would like to get that functionality if possible.  Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
Smart playlist or sharing library help? - by mmitchell151 - 2020-07-29, 04:43
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smart playlist or sharing library help?0