Android Android TV since firmware update has Audio Passthrough issues.
I'm running Kodi on a couple Sony Android TVs (XBR-..X850C).  In the past month Sony updated the firmware changing from Marshmallow directly to Oreo.
One of the benefits is that DTS passthrough now works.
On the down side, audio passthrough is now garbage.

For DD videos (I haven't tested with DTS files), pausing, FF/REW, or skipping forward/back and then resuming playback will result in audio drops outs every few seconds, out of sync audio, or both.  If I play the video straight through, there are no issues.

If I allow set up (as I had before) with Number if Channels 2, Allow Passthrough, Dolby Capable Receiver and Enable DD Transcoding, then the transcoded Dolby playback has the same issues as a native DD track described above.

If I disable allow passthrough, and output everything as downmixed stereo, everything is fine.  Audio passthrough worked flawlessly before the update.

I hope someone can help... and do NOT say use a better device to run Kodi.

Here is a log in which I ran a DD video, skipped forward a minute and resumed playback.  The audio was out of sync after skipping ahead: ihakukijuh.kodi (paste)

Messages In This Thread
Android TV since firmware update has Audio Passthrough issues. - by Landstander - 2020-08-02, 01:34
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android TV since firmware update has Audio Passthrough issues.0