TV/Timers: Manual Recording allows End Date/Time before Start Date/Time
While setting up a Timer for a One time (manual) Recording, if I set the Start Date to some date in the future (e.g., Sunday, January 10, 2021), the End Date never updates automatically to match the Start Date.  The End Date continues to show the current date (e.g., Thursday, January 7, 2021).  And if I click OK to save the entry, it saves the entry exactly as entered -- with an End Date set to occur before the Start Date.  But then, after several minutes Kodi apparently realizes that an invalid Timer entry was saved.  So Kodi just silently (without any warning or error message) goes ahead and deletes the invalid entry.  However the user is never given any notice of the deletion, or warned that the deletion was due to an invalid entry -- i.e., the End Date being before the Start Date.

Ideally, I'd like to see Kodi automatically adjust the End Date (as the user is creating the entry) to whatever future date is being entered as a Start Date.  But if that's not possible or easily implemented, then alternatively I think Kodi should display an error message to the user while the entry is being created, and refuse to save the invalid Timer entry.

For reference, I'm using Kodi version Build 19.0-BETA2 (18.9.821) Git: 20201207-8cc9e80e41, with NextPVR version 50009, on Windows 10 Pro 1909.

I'm not sure if this would be considered a bug report or a feature request (or maybe a combination of both).  In any case, I wanted to at least make the observation, and post it here for comments.

Messages In This Thread
TV/Timers: Manual Recording allows End Date/Time before Start Date/Time - by Tom-R - 2021-01-08, 07:12
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV/Timers: Manual Recording allows End Date/Time before Start Date/Time0