OS X Stream Video Files from MacBook through Android TV app
Hi everyone!

I'm new to Kodi and slowly figuring out how to set everything up. I'm having trouble getting video files from my hard drive to stream on the Android TV Kodi App after setting up a video source.

I turned on File Sharing on my Macbook and was able to add the SMB as a Video Source on Kodi. They seemed to have connected, as all the video files on my hard drive are appearing on the TV. But when I select a video file/press play, nothing happens. I'm able to scan into my library, but for some reason, the stream isn't working. The Permissions for the shared folder (and enclosed items) allow my User to Read & Write, and that User is linked with the SMB server. It lists the file size, but isn't detecting the resolution/dolby audio/etc. 

I was able to plug a USB into the back of the TV and test a video file, which worked. Would rather stream from the HDD itself, though! I looked at SMBUp but it says it needs to be updated.

Any help would be appreciated! I feel like I've gone as far as I can with this: https://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_video_sources

Messages In This Thread
Stream Video Files from MacBook through Android TV app - by icansee4miles - 2021-01-14, 03:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stream Video Files from MacBook through Android TV app0