Moving an album/artist without being recognized as newly added?
Hey Dave, 

thx for the thorough answer! I've seen that there were some changes in this regard within commits to v19, which brought up the question on my side. 

I'll see to check out v19 and test whether the changes are helpful in avoiding the "move" problem. 

As an example:
I stumbled upon having an artist folder twice in my collection. Had no duplicate albums or files, but simply two folders residing in different locations each with some albums. It's not a problem within Kodi, as it is seen as one artist, but moving those two folders into one resulted in cluttering my "last added" view. This prevented me tidying up my collection by moving folders of albums or artists.

I need to have the "new things" source, as I want to be able to know my music prior to sorting it into my collection. So only if I have listened to an album enough to be able to "identify" and recall it in my memory, I'm able to sort it in without forgetting about it Wink

What happens if I move an already scanned album's folder filesystem wise? It gets re-added as something new, as before, but won't receive a new "dateadded" date if set in advancedsettings? And there will still be 2 entries after movement until the library is cleaned? Or is it recognized that the newly recognized album is already present in the library (by MBID) and only the path gets updated?

Will report back!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Moving an album/artist without being recognized as newly added? - by Uatschitchun - 2021-01-19, 13:59
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Moving an album/artist without being recognized as newly added?0