tvOS New Apple TV 4K w/A12 Chip & Redesigned Remote
It's a pretty complicated problem to solve. 

The only reason Apple can do it, I think, is that they control all the hardware so they can build characterisation tables into their app to reflect the difference in using e.g. an iPhone 12 vs. and iPhone SE as the measurement device.

With the truly massively diverse hardware in the Android ecosystem, this would be impossible.  You could attempt to baseline the measuring device, but how - you can't rely on the phone OR the TV to be accurate & to give you a baseline measurement.  You could sell a swatch target or something, but then you're in to selling product/hardware and that is astronomically more difficult.

I like Android for the freedom it provides, but this is just one of those things where the Apple approach really pays off (assuming this, in practise, actually works ok).

But my point stands - if you have MUCH better hardware to do this, you're in a much better place already.

To me the more exciting developments in this area have been the integration of Calman calibration stuff directly into TVs, so there's a relatively easy AND very high quality way to do this with e.g. Panasonic OLEDs.

But a more general, accessible solution, if it actually works, would be great for a lot of people, I'm sure.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Apple TV 4K w/A12 Chip & Redesigned Remote - by bossanova808 - 2021-04-22, 02:11
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Apple TV 4K w/A12 Chip & Redesigned Remote0