How do I launch XBMC with media center remote keyboard
Question 
Hello,

I bought a wireless media center keyboard for my new HTPC which features some special media center keys. I tried remapping these with EventGhost but they aren't triggered as normal keystrokes. They seem to launch the default application associated with the function (media player, browser, media center). When I plug it into my brothers Vista Ultimate machine it launches Media Center when I press the MCE button. On my HTPC I run Vista Business and the MCE button does nothing.

If I understood the way Windows Media Center does it correctly, then they have an application ehtray.exe which runs in the background and launches the app when a key is pressed.

Does anybody know there is a plugin/application/whatever that will launch XBMC when I press the button and maybe even can switch to specific XBMC features like Music, Movies, Series, ... with the other media center keys?

I found one thread where someone stated that MediaPortal seems to do this with some special code but I didn't have a closer look. If there is no application that does this I might have a closer look at MediaPortals source and might try to create such an app myself. But maybe someone already did this work?

Thanks for the help,
Benjamin

Messages In This Thread
How do I launch XBMC with media center remote keyboard - by ccMatrix - 2008-11-17, 07:16
[No subject] - by bnaert - 2008-11-17, 07:40
[No subject] - by rernst - 2008-11-17, 07:53
[No subject] - by ccMatrix - 2008-11-19, 03:44
[No subject] - by mitul103 - 2008-11-19, 05:30
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I launch XBMC with media center remote keyboard0